Returning To Work After A Illinois Traumatic Brain Injury
Josephine Cullotta December 31, 2011
Know What The Common Symptoms of a Illinois Traumatic Brain Injury Are Before Returning To Work.
Common Brain Injury Symptoms Include:
- Decision making
- Problems Concentrating
- Difficulty reading, writing
- Impaired speech or word loss
- Difficulty staying focused
The following are measures to take at work:
- Ask for accommodations at work based on your symptoms. (e.g., needing extra time to complete large projects or making important final decisions)
- Ask a co-worker if you can compare notes after a long meeting
- Having your assistant proofread your letters or documents
- Staying focused by completing one task before moving on to the next task.
- Learn or create your own short hand to take better notes
- Color code your appointment book
- Check in with yourself every hour to remain self-aware of your emotions and focus and productivey at work
- Plan what you want to accomplish at work the night before work
About the author: Ms. Josephine Cullotta is an Aggressive Illinois Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney. To learn more about her or her firm located in Glenview, Illinois, call 847-651-7191.