- Do I Need a Brain Injury Attorney or Should I Settle Directly With An Illinois Auto Insurance Company?
- Recovery for a Chicago Illinois Traumatic Brain Injury
- FAQ: How to determine brain injury settlements in Illinois (IL)
- How Will a Chicago Brain Injury Affect My Ability to Think?
- Can post traumatic headaches differ for men and women?
- FAQ: What 4-Things Should You Know Before Hiring Illinois Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney
- FAQ: What is the most common cause ofa brain hemorrhage (bleeding)?
- How will my child’s Chicago brain injury affect his education?
- FAQ: How will a Chicago brain injury affect my memory
- Can my family bring a lawsuit on my behalf if I am in a coma following a Chicago brain injury?
- Why would a neurologist send a traumatic brain injury patient for a neuropsychological or psych exam
- ID symptoms of a brain bleed caused by a IL Chicago car accident
Calculating damages for Brain Injury Settlements
Every case is unique and depends on a wide variety of factors. Below are some factors we look at in evaluating a brain injury case prior to settlement:
- Severity of your brain injury (hospitalization, surgery, rehabilitation, disability)
- amount of pain and suffering
- amount of medical treatment and treatment
- lost income or time from work
- Reduced quality of life
- Facts of the case
- Witness statements, depositions
- Past medical history
- Determination of liability
Past and future lost income and medical expenses, round the clock care, multiple surgeries, extensive hospitalization, and rehabilitation typically generate the higher awards. This is because past and future medical treatment and lost wages for a brain injury can be very expensive. However, ever case is different.
Accident victims suffering damage to the brain could require surgery, caregivers, round the clock care for many years or for 6-months. As such, depending on the particular facts of your brain injury case, it can be a multi-million dollar case.
Insurance company auto claims adjusters
After an auto accident, adjusters will begin calling you. They will often encourage you or your family to settle on a fixed amount of damages prematurely, before the true extent of the trauma injuries are known or understood.
In order to determine the extent of your damages, it is crucial that you consult an experienced brain injury attorney who will fight for the highest possible award or settlement.
Call our office at (847) 651-7191 or fill out our quick contact form to schedule your FREE case evaluation today with brain injury attorney Josephine Cullotta.
Cullotta Law Offices main office is in Glenview, IL – at 2624 Patriot Blvd., Glenview Illinois – approx. 25-mins north of Chicago, Illinois.