- Do I Need a Brain Injury Attorney or Should I Settle Directly With An Illinois Auto Insurance Company?
- Recovery for a Chicago Illinois Traumatic Brain Injury
- FAQ: How to determine brain injury settlements in Illinois (IL)
- How Will a Chicago Brain Injury Affect My Ability to Think?
- Can post traumatic headaches differ for men and women?
- FAQ: What 4-Things Should You Know Before Hiring Illinois Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney
- FAQ: What is the most common cause ofa brain hemorrhage (bleeding)?
- How will my child’s Chicago brain injury affect his education?
- FAQ: How will a Chicago brain injury affect my memory
- Can my family bring a lawsuit on my behalf if I am in a coma following a Chicago brain injury?
- Why would a neurologist send a traumatic brain injury patient for a neuropsychological or psych exam
- ID symptoms of a brain bleed caused by a IL Chicago car accident
Calculating damages for Brain Injury Settlements
Every traumatic brain injury is unique and settlement depends on a wide variety of factors. Insurance companies and attorneys representing look at certain factors when evaluating a head injury case prior to settlement. These may include:
- Severity of your brain injury (hospitalization, surgery, rehabilitation, disability)
- Amount of pain and suffering
- Extent and duration of medical treatment since brain injury
- How soon after injury was treatment sought, gaps in treatment
- Lost income or time from work; work restrictions, disability temporary or permanent
- Reduced quality of life
- Facts of the case
- Witness statements, depositions
- Past medical history
- Determination of liability
Which factors correlate with higher settlement offers and jury verdict awards
Past and future lost income and medical expenses, round the clock care, multiple surgeries, extensive hospitalization, and rehabilitation typically generate the higher settlement offers and jury verdict awards. This is because past and future medical treatment and lost wages for a brain injury can be very expensive. However, ever case is different.
Accident victims suffering damage to the brain could require surgery, caregivers, round the clock care for many years or for 6-months. As such, depending on the particular facts of your brain injury case, it can be a multi-million dollar case.
Insurance company auto claims adjusters
After an auto accident, adjusters will begin calling you. They will often encourage you or your family to settle on a fixed amount of damages prematurely, before the true extent of the trauma injuries are known or understood.
It’s crucial that you consult an experienced brain injury attorney. TBI attorney Cullotta will fight for highest possible award or settlement.
Call our office at (847) 651-7191 for a FREE case consultation by a IL brain injury attorney.