- Illinois Spinal injury lawyer – laminectomy procedures animation video
- Can I recover damages for my pain following a Waukegan spinal cord injury?
- How can I cope with pain caused by a Waukegan spinal cord injury?
- How do I cope with the pain of a herniated disk after a Skokie car accident?
- What are the risk factors for developing a herniated disc following a Skokie spinal cord injury?
- What is my Chicago spinal cord injury case worth?
Spinal Cord Injury Pain
Following an Illinois car accident, many people suffer from sharp, shooting, or burning pain in joints, and muscles as a result of a spinal cord injury. After consulting with an experienced Waukegan spinal cord injury attorney, these victims may bring a claim for damages. The claim may include a request for compensation for medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering.
Chronic pain after a spinal cord injury can be nociceptive, neuropathic, or visceral. Pain following a Waukegan back injury can impact all areas of a victim’s life. Physically, spinal cord injuries often result in the following classifications of pain:
- Neuropathic Pain – sharp, shooting, or burning pain caused by damage to the nervous system. This pain can occur weeks or months following the injury. It generally occurs at or below the site of the injury in areas where there is loss of sensation.
- Nociceptive Pain – Nociceptive is the most common and can be due to the initial trauma, muscle and joint overuse . The pain may be dull, aching pain occurring in the bones, joints, and muscles. This pain can be from initial trauma, muscle and joint overuse.
- Visceral Pain- burning, cramping, constant pain occurring in the abdomen above or below the site of the injury. This pain typically begins shortly after the Waukegan motor vehicle accident.
In addition, the injury can also lead to the following emotional issues:
- Social isolation
The injury can also prevent the victim from participating in activities that he or she enjoys and may interfere with work or school performance.
If you were the victim of an Illinois car accident, you may be entitled to recover damages for your pain following the injury.
Waukegan spinal cord injuries can cause pain that drastically affects your quality of life. Contact an experienced attorney for a free consultation. Fill out our online form or call our office at (847) 651-7191.