- Illinois Spinal injury lawyer – laminectomy procedures
- Can I recover damages for my pain following a Waukegan spinal cord injury?
- How can I cope with pain caused by a Waukegan spinal cord injury?
- How do I cope with the pain of a herniated disk after a Skokie car accident?
- What are the risk factors for developing a herniated disc following a Skokie spinal cord injury?
- What is my Chicago spinal cord injury case worth?
Pain caused by a Waukegan spinal cord injury caused by an auto accident can be debilitating and life-altering. You may need to learn new techniques for managing your pain and adjusting to life following the accident. While pain may last for many years after the initial injury, there are methods available which can lessen the impact that the pain has on your life.
Managing pain is a difficult process because it is not always obvious what is causing the pain following the Waukegan spinal cord injury. In addition to consulting a Waukegan spinal cord injury attorney to pursue recovery for your pain, you may also wish to consult with a doctor who specializes in post-spinal cord injury related pain.
Pain management options that may be available if you suffer from pain include the following:
- Pump implanted under the skin to deliver pain medication
- Spinal cord stimulation
- Epidural blocks
- Surgical procedures, such as dorsal root entry zone lesions and dorsal rhizotomy
- Stabilization procedures
- Decompression surgery
- Limiting or stopping activities causing pain
- Pacing activities that cause increased pain
In addition to the above pain management options, you can adopt the following techniques to maximize the success of your strategy:
- Take an active role in your treatment
- Work closely with your doctors
- Follow the instructions given to you
- Be open to new suggestions
For more information about pain following a Waukegan spinal cord injury, contact an experienced accident attorney for a free consultation. Fill out our online form or call our office at (847) 651-7191.