- Illinois Spinal injury lawyer – laminectomy procedures animation video
- How do I cope with the pain of a herniated disk after a Skokie car accident?
- What are the risk factors for developing a herniated disc following a Skokie spinal cord injury?
- How can I cope with pain caused by a Waukegan spinal cord injury?
- Can I recover damages for my pain following a Waukegan spinal cord injury?
- What is my Chicago spinal cord injury case worth?
If you were the victim of a Skokie car accident and were unfortunate enough to suffer a herniated disk as a result, you may face debilitating pain that impacts your quality of life. Learning to cope with this pain is essential to improving your outcome following the accident. The following is a list of effective ways for coping:
- Acknowledge the pain. Recognizing that your pain is real and not imagined is your first step in developing an effective pain management treatment plan. Following a Skokie car crash, many victims deny or downplay the amount of pain caused by the herniated disk. This interferes with the ability to properly address the pain.
- Manage stress. Since stress intensifies pain, stress management techniques may help reduce your pain level. An example of one such technique is deep breathing exercises.
- Identify triggers. Every victim of a herniated disk is unique and may have different triggers. The key is to identify your specific triggers and modify your lifestyle to avoid them.
- Seek counseling. Find a professional mental health counselor to provide a source of support and understanding. This individual can help you rethink your expectations and adjust your feelings regarding the accident, your feelings, and your pain.
Each of the above techniques are effective means for coping with pain following a Skokie herniated disk. You also may be entitled to damages for your pain and suffering following the accident. Contact an experienced Skokie spinal cord injury attorney for a free consultation by filling out our online form or calling our office at (847) 651-7191.