- Illinois Spinal injury lawyer – laminectomy procedures animation video
- How do I cope with the pain of a herniated disk after a Skokie car accident?
- What are the risk factors for developing a herniated disc following a Skokie spinal cord injury?
- How can I cope with pain caused by a Waukegan spinal cord injury?
- Can I recover damages for my pain following a Waukegan spinal cord injury?
- What is my Chicago spinal cord injury case worth?
What are the risk factors for developing a herniated disc following a Skokie spinal cord injury?
Each year, many people will be injured in a Skokie auto accident. The force from the impact of the accident could result in a herniated disc. However, certain risk factors increase the odds that you may suffer this injury:
- Age – If you are between the ages of 35 and 45, you have a higher risk of suffering a herniated disk following a Skokie car accident. This is because age related degeneration of spinal disks is most prevalent among the middle aged.
- Weight – If your body weight is above the recommended maximum for your height and gender, you are at an increased risk of developing a herniated disk from a Skokie car crash. The extra weight adds stress to the disks in the lower back.
- Occupation – According to the Mayo Clinic, if you have a physically demanding job that involves repetitive lifting, pulling, pushing, bending sideways, or twisting, your chances of suffering a herniated disk are raised.
Predicting whether you will be involved in a Skokie car wreck that causes you injury may be impossible. However, if you display any of the above factors, you may face an increased risk of developing a herniated disc following the crash. For more information and a free consultation, contact a Skokie spinal cord injury attorney at (847) 651-7191.