- Illinois Spinal injury lawyer – laminectomy procedures
- Can I recover damages for my pain following a Waukegan spinal cord injury?
- How can I cope with pain caused by a Waukegan spinal cord injury?
- How do I cope with the pain of a herniated disk after a Skokie car accident?
- What are the risk factors for developing a herniated disc following a Skokie spinal cord injury?
- What is my Chicago spinal cord injury case worth?
What are the risk factors for developing a herniated disc following a spinal cord injury?
Each year, many people will be injured in a car accident. The force from the impact of the accident could result in a herniated disc.
The following are certain risk factors that increase the odds that you may suffer a herniated disc injury:
- Age If you are between the ages of 35 and 45, you have a higher risk of suffering a herniated disk following a Skokie car accident. This is because age-related degeneration of spinal disks is most prevalent among the middle-aged.
- Weight If your body weight is above the recommended maximum for your height and gender, you are at an increased risk of developing a herniated disk from a Skokie car crash. The extra weight adds stress to the disks in the lower back.
- Occupation According to the Mayo Clinic, your chances of suffering a herniated disk on the job if you have a physically demanding job that involves repetitive lifting, pulling, pushing, bending sideways, or twisting.
If you display any of the above risk factors, you may be at an increased risk of sustaining a herniated disc following a car crash in Illinois. For more information and a free consultation, contact a Skokie spinal cord injury attorney at (847) 651-7191.