- Recovery for a Chicago Illinois Traumatic Brain Injury
- Why would a neurologist send a traumatic brain injury patient for a neuropsychological or psych exam
- ID symptoms of a brain bleed caused by a IL Chicago car accident
- Do I Need a Brain Injury Law Attorney or Should I Settle Directly With An Illinois Auto Insurance Company?
- How Will a Chicago Brain Injury Affect My Ability to Think?
- FAQ: How will a Chicago brain injury affect my memory
- FAQ: What 4-Things Should You Know Before Hiring Illinois Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney
- FAQ: What is the most common cause ofa brain hemorrhage (bleeding)?
- CULLOTTA LAW – Can post traumatic headaches differ for men and women?
- Can my family bring a lawsuit on my behalf if I am in a coma following a Chicago brain injury?
- How will my child’s Chicago brain injury affect his education?
It is possible that a lawsuit can be initiated on your behalf if you are in a coma following a Chicago traumatic brain injury. However, a proper determination should first be made by a Chicago brain injury attorney.
A coma is a medical condition where the victim has suffered severe and widespread brain damage. The patient becomes unconscious and is unaware of their surroundings. The Chicago head trauma patient in a coma is also unresponsive to outside stimuli. The coma may be temporary or permanent.
An experienced Chicago brain injury lawyer will evaluate the potential claim to determine whether a family member should go to court to be appointed the legal guardian over the coma victim. Typically, a legal guardian can initiate a lawsuit. However, there may be other factors which support waiting to initiate suit.
These may include:
- Waiting to understand the full extent of the victim’s damages
- Waiting to see whether the victim emerges from the coma
- Whether the statute of limitations has begun to toll or is due to expire in the near future
For a complimentary consultation with an experienced Chicago brain injury attorney, fill out our online form or call our office at (847) 651-7191.