- Recovery for a Chicago Illinois Traumatic Brain Injury
- Why would a neurologist send a traumatic brain injury patient for a neuropsychological or psych exam
- ID symptoms of a brain bleed caused by a IL Chicago car accident
- Do I Need a Brain Injury Law Attorney or Should I Settle Directly With An Illinois Auto Insurance Company?
- How Will a Chicago Brain Injury Affect My Ability to Think?
- FAQ: How will a Chicago brain injury affect my memory
- FAQ: What 4-Things Should You Know Before Hiring Illinois Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney
- FAQ: What is the most common cause ofa brain hemorrhage (bleeding)?
- CULLOTTA LAW – Can post traumatic headaches differ for men and women?
- Can my family bring a lawsuit on my behalf if I am in a coma following a Chicago brain injury?
- How will my child’s Chicago brain injury affect his education?
A common side effect of a Chicago brain injury or head trauma is difficulty thinking. Depending on the location and the severity of the injury, the damage may be temporary or permanent and range from partial to total impairment.
The following are just a few examples as to how these problems you may exhibit in your daily life:
- Difficulty holding a conversation in a crowded place that has many distractions, such as a shopping mall or restaurant.
- Inability to juggle multiple tasks at once, such as listening to a lecture while simultaneously taking notes.
- Problems processing new information, such as when a friend is sharing a story about a recent vacation to Chicago. The friend may need to break the story up into multiple short statements instead of one long piece, speak very slowly, and repeat portions as necessary for you to understand.
- Lack of short term memory, such as remembering what restaurant you ate dinner at the night before.
- Difficulty learning new things, such as a foreign language or a math lesson. The lack of short term memory combined with difficulty processing the new information may require you to re-learn the same concepts several times before truly understanding.
- Inability to plan, such as when organizing a Chicago birthday party.
For more information on how a Chicago head trauma damages your ability to think, contact an experienced Chicago brain injury attorney. For a complimentary consultation, fill out our online form or call our office at (847) 651-7191.