Greater Chicago, IL Birth Injury Attorneys
Failure to diagnose developing problems during pregnancy can result in birth injuries or brain damage. Often these were not emergency situations, but were simply medical negligence, such as, failure to diagnose:
- intrauterine growth (when the child stops growing, indicating a problem)
- a breach birth or footing presentation, which could result in anoxic brain injury or HIE
- gestational diabetes, leading to large sized babies and delivery problems that can result in shoulder dystocia and erb's palsy
- Rh factor differences between a mother and child
- high blood pressure and pre-eclampsia
- high risk delivery and transfer to appropriate facility
Other times, medical staff failed to provide appropriate treatment, resulting in cerebral palsy and other problems including sometimes death of the infant.
If you believe that improper medical care resulted in serious injury to your child. We understands these cases. Contact us to schedule a free case review.