Many kinds of abuse and neglect can occur to a resident while they're staying at a Illinois nursing home or assisted living facility.
General Warning Signs Of Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect :
- Bed Sores
- Medication Abuse
- Bruising or Fractures
- Frequent Illness / Failure to Report Illness
- Sudden Death or Hospitalization
Warning Signs Of Nursing Home Physical Abuse:
- Prolonged deprivation of food or water Medication errors
- Unexplained injuries
- Reports of slapping, pushing, shaking, beating
- Bruising Broken arm (humerus, radius, ulna), broken leg (femur, tibia, fibula)
- Fractured skull, fractured hip, fractured clavicle, fractured, and other bones fractured or broken bones.
Warning Signs Of Nursing Home Neglect :
- Lack of care for existing medical problems
- Failure to prevent malnutrition or bed sores, infections
- Failure to protect residents' from health and safety hazards, Injury or death due to
- Resident wandering (outside facility) when staff is not aware resident is missing
If you have any reason to believe that you that your or a love one has been injured or neglected in a nursing home or assisted living facility, contact our Chicago IL Nursing Home Abuse Attorney at 847-651-7191 or use our online form.